Each classroom teacher posts a Preschool Activity Lesson Plan every week. The Activity Plan is planned out by the teacher and consists of five different areas of learning. The activities for each of the areas will be based a particular theme. Bright Beginnings provides each classroom with themes, numerous resources and a Curriculum specifically for each theme. Our highly educated staff is also encouraged to add their own experiences and resources.
The areas of learning that are planned each week are as follows:
- Creative Art Enrichments: Activities using fine motor skills encourage their creative abilities. Examples: craft projects, easel painting, finger painting, cutting, drawing, and process art.
- Literacy/Cognitive Enrichment: Activities that develop reading readiness, language and thinking skills. Examples: stories, flannel board activities, telling time, matching games, activities that require responses from the child such as, What would you do if you were a dog? and group discussions.
- Music/Movement Enrichment: Activities for following directions develop creativity and listening skills. Examples: musical instruments, finger plays, exercising, pretend play, dance, movement activities, games using music, rhythm ribbons and scarves.
- Science/Sensory Enrichment:Activities that tap into the natural curiosity and where children learn to observe, question, explore, experiment, predict and problem solve. Examples: cooking, water play, sand play, simple science/nature experiments and magnet play.
- Math Enrichment: Activities focusing on understanding and hands-on experiences. Taking into account the cognitive development to provide the groundwork and foundation for the future. Examples: On- to-one correspondence, patterns, sorting, counting, number recognition, shapes, comparisons, measurement, time, money, adding and subtracting.
The Preschool Activity Plan also consists of eight specific learning centers. Learning Centers are open during free choice play. They may choose to play alone or with a few friends.The Learning Centers have a variety of activities/learning experiences throughout the month.
- Creative Art Center
- Block/Building Center
- Dramatic Play Center
- Games and Fine Motor Center
- Math or Writing Center
- Library/Language Center
- Listening/Music Center
- Science/Sensory Center
You will need to download Adobe Acrobat reader here to view document.